In this piece, I would be sharing with you some strategies on how you can boost fan engagement, promote your brand and increase your followers on social media.
The Rise Of Social Media: Social media has proven to be a valuable asset for artistes and every professional in the music industry as a whole. Having a strong presence is vital for promoting your music as an artiste, and while doing so it also helps you engage with fans and enlarge your fanbase.
Having a good social media strategy that can help you engage properly with your fans can be a very tedious task. However these tips would help you develop an effective strategy, as they have been proven and tested.
- Know Your Audience Type: Get to know your fans, their interest, and what type of content they like. This will also help you know how your fans are spending their time online and when they are online. It will also help you know the best time to post on your social media pages.
- Ensure You Post Regularly: As an artiste you need to keep your social media pages active at all times. Ensure you post with regular consistency to stay relevant to your fans. However, ensure you post contents that are relevant, so fans don’t stop engaging with your posts or unfollow you.
- Share Photos And Videos: Sharing photos and videos is a great way to tell stories quickly, rather than plain text post. Photos and videos also capture people’s attention much faster than text. Some visual contents you could share are; photos of your home studio, photos or videos of shows you performed at, a short video explaining the meaning behind a song, and photos and videos on favourite moments of your personal life.
- Show Your Personality: Creating a personal relationship with your fans would help solidify an artiste – fan connection. It is important that you show fans your real personality.
- Share Contents From Your Fans: Sharing or retweeting contents posted by your fans, is one sure way to boost engagement, and excite fans. It is also a way to show appreciation to them. You could also take time commenting on their facebook posts, Twitter tweet and instagram stories. This shows that your brand is not solely self promoting and it is an excellent way to network and gain followers.
Following these strategies above, can help improve your social media engagement as an artiste or music professional. Also don’t be scared to be creative, you can also think outside the box. Figure out what suits your fans.
Remember, “Where Words Fail Music Speaks – Bring Your Music To Life”