In a statement by President Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, on Saturday, May 30, 2020, the presidency has reconstituted the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
The new Board was reconstituted following the expiration of the term of the Board members appointed in 2016.
Members of the new Board are
- Mohammed Lawal (North West)
- Tajudeen Umar (North East)
- Adamu Attah (North Central)
- Magnus Abe (South-South)
- Stephen Dike (South East)
- Pius Akinyelure (South West).
The new board will be in place for three years, and their tenure will expire by 2023.