On Thursday morning the Nigerian Television Authority office in Ilorin, Kwara State, was reportedly gutted by fire. The fire outbreak has led to major damage on properties in the NTA complex.
According to reports from the state fire service, the fire outbreak was caused by an electric spark in one of the offices in the complex.
The Head of of Media and Publicity of the state fire service, Hassan Akeem Adekunle, stated that the the fire had completely gone out of control by the time the fire service team arrived the scene, but the fire was still put out on time before it caused further damage.
“When we got to the scene of the incident, the fire was huge and it had occupied several places within the premises. “We were able to put out the fire on time as a result of good technicality quickly adopted by the highly experienced firemen drafted to fight the fire.” Mr. Adekunle stated.
He also revealed that only three office got affected in the fire incident.