Following the coronation ceremony held on Saturday with the attendance of high profile traditional and political leaders, Prince Omoba Tsola Emiko assumed office as The Ogiame Atuwatse III, the new Olu of Warri Kingdom.
Here are eight amazing things you should know about the new Ogiame Atuwatse III.
1. The new Olu of Warri was born on April 2, 1984 to the then Prince Godwin Toritseju Emiko, who later became 20th Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II and Gladys Durorike Emiko in Warri.
2. The new monarch is a descendant of Olu Akengbuwa.
3. The Ogiame Atuwatse III attended the NNPC primary school in Warri for his primary education and later Adesoye college Offa, Kwara State for his secondary education between 1995 – 2001.
4. The Olu of Warri is an avid sportsman, having participated In different sorts including swimming, basketball, American football, kayaks, and soccer.
5. The new monarch obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, in the United States of America between 2002 and 2006. He majored in International Studies and Political Science. He further earned a Master of Science degree in Management from the same University.
6. The Ogiame Atuwatse III did his NYSC at the Public Affairs department of the National Petroleum Investment Management Services in 2008. Thereafter he worked as an officer at the Shell Nigeria Closed Pension Fund Administrator and later at Sahara Energy as Government Relations Officer between 2010 and 2012.
7. The new monarch is a serial entrepreneur he founded Noble Nigeria Limited and Coral Curator limited, and he is also the Chairman of Ocean Marine Security Limited, as well as a Director in Gulf of Guinea limited, Vessel Link Big Limited, among others.
8. The Olu of Warri is a family man married to Ivie Uhunoma Emiko, daughter of Edo business mogul, Idahosa Okunbo, and they are blessed with three children.