Following the official takeover of Newcastle United by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), the magpies now contend as one of the richest football clubs in Europe.
Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) has purchased an 80 per cent share in the Magpies, with the Reuben Brothers and Amanda Staveley each owning 10 per cent.
Recent reports claim that Newcastle is now ahead of the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal and Manchester United in terms of the wealthiest club in the Premier League.
Here is a list of The Top Five Richest Club In English Premier League Currently.
- Newcastle – Saudi Public Investment Fund (£320bn)
- Manchester City – Sheikh Mansour (£22.9bn)
- Chelsea – Roman Abramovich (£9.6bn)
- Arsenal – Stan Kroenke (£6.35bn)
- Aston Villa – Nassef Sawiris (£5.3bn)