Delta State Governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has addressed the state on the COVID-19 Lock down and necessary measures to take, he are highlights of His Broadcast to take effect from 30th of April, 2020 includes;
– Interstate Borders remain closed for another two weeks
– Public and Private Schools remain closed till 31st May, 2020 when it might be reviewed.
– Free movement within the State from 6:00am to 7:00pm, meaning curfew from 7:00pm to 6:00am
– Senior Civil Servants from GL 12 and above should resume work
– Social functions like burials and marriages can hold but with gathering not more than 50 people with strict adherence to social distancing and other precautionary measures
– Government will meet with religious Leaders to discuss modality on how places of worships can me reopened.
– On transportation; Keke to carry 2 at the back and 1 in front. Same rule applies for Taxis and maximum ofv10 persons for 16 seater bus
– Anyone going out must put on facemask and obey the precautionary measures spelt out to curb the spread of the infection.
– Public places housing crowds like cinemas, event centres, etc remain closed…