Below is the official statement from the Governor of Delta State, Dr Okowa. Read below;
Effective, Thursday, 30th April, in exercise of the powers conferred on me by the Delta State Public Health Law; the Quarantine Act; and the Infectious Diseases (Emergency Prevention) Regulation, all citizens and residents of Delta State are to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. It shall be mandatory for all residents of Delta State to utilise face-masks in public places. ‘Public places’ include offices, markets, malls, supermarkets, salons, hospitals and health clinics, churches, mosques, and all other ‘approved’ gatherings.
2. All conferences, sporting activities, gathering of people in convention/event centres, sports fields, public/open spaces, as well as recreational and cultural/communal activities remain banned until 31st May 2020.
3. Burials and weddings will be allowed. However, the social distancing rule of maintaining a 6ft distance amongst attendees must be applied. Additionally, the number of guests must not exceed 50.All schools, both public and private, will remain closed until Sunday, 31st May 2020.All schools, both public and private, will remain closed until Sunday, 31st May 2020.
4. All schools, both public and private, will remain closed until Sunday, 31st May 2020.
5. All entertainment centres, including cinemas, bars and night clubs will remain closed until Sunday, 31st May 2020.
6. All restaurants and canteens are to operate a strict ‘take-away only’ policy; while hotels will be allowed to open (with in-room dining). However, hotel restaurants, bars and night clubs must remain closed till further notice.
7. Transport services will be allowed to operate. However, they must not exceed the following numbers of passengers:
Kekes — 2 passengers at the back;
Taxis —1 passenger in front and 2 at the back; and
16/18 Seater Busses — 10 to 12 passengers maximum.
8. Our airports will remain closed to passenger traffic till further notice.
Finally, on Thursday, 30th April, to chart the way forward for our places of worship, I shall be meeting with our religious leaders to discuss all possible options. However, all religious crusades/conventions remain banned till further notice.