As a new artiste out succeeding in the Nigerian music space may be very difficult, most especially when you don’t know where to start or how to maintain a successful promotional campaign.
Although making great music needs to be your primary focus. Creating a very effective promotional strategy/plan is also very essential.
In this post we’ll take a look at the best ways to promote your music independently in the modern Nigerian music landscape.
1. Do not ignore Playlisting on Digital Streaming Platforms: Sure your music needs to get playlisted on DSPs. Getting your track into a popular playlist can help you rack up thousands of streams. That’s not only great awareness but also royalty earnings in your pocket.
Well curated Playlists across, Audiomack, Boomplay, Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer and other platforms reach hundreds of millions of listeners across the globe, racking up billions of streams.
2. Work on your social media presence and engagement: Improving, developing and maintaining a consistent, interesting and engaging presence on social media is an essential music promotion strategy you need to use.
3. Top your Publicity Game With Blog & Press Coverage: Getting your music featured or placed on blog and mainstream media outlets can help build hype and give you the credentials to take your music career up a level. Trust our team at Legit9ja to give you the best quality coverage too 😊.
4. Get An Effective Music Team:
Having a team of well-connected individuals who are passionate about your music all working in your interest, can increase your chances of success in the Nigeria music space.
Even if they are not working with you full time because of expenses, you can get a part-time team that consists of your P.R, Talent Manager, for the time being.
Again, make sure they’re passionate about your music and believe in you as an artist.
5. Market First To Your Audience and those who love your genre: Whom you market your music to is very important. Finding, knowing and exploiting your musical niche is key to success in the music space.
If you’re a gospel artiste, get gigs in a Christian community and play at Christian themed events, join a Christian community and win fans interested in Gospel music.
If you’re a Fuji artiste, play at Fuji music venues, join Fuji music communities and win Fuji of fans. And so on.
Let your music speak.