Following the confirmation of the first case of Coronavirus also known as COVID 19 by the Federal Ministry of Health in Nigeria, Here are some useful tips on what to do to avoid this virus coming close to you or your loved ones:
- Avoid Crowded Places: Although it is almost impossible to not encounter crowds especially during “Rush Hour” but as much as possible, avoid being in the crowd, be patient at the bus-stops and where possible, avoid the crowd.
- Keep Good Hygiene: Coronavirus is a highly contagious hence the need to keep good hygiene. The Federal Ministry of Health has advised washing hands with soap and water often and thoroughly. It is also a safety measure to have a routine for washing hands. Maintain good respiratory hygiene by covering mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing. The use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers is also advised.
- Stay Away From The Public If You Show Symptoms: Observe self-quarantine if you notice symptoms such as persistent cough, Sneezing, general body pains e.t.c. Do not panic, health emergencies get worse when panic sets in. You can also call NCDC toll free number which is available day and night, for guidance- 0800-970000-10 or call 08023169485,08033565529, 08052817243.
- Keep Distance From People When They Cough And Sneeze: It important that we pay attention to our environment. Keep away from people when they cough and sneeze as coughing and sneezing are major symptoms of coronavirus.
- Stay Informed Always: Make sure to get updates information from credible sources about Coronavirus (COVID 19) as it progresses. Credible sources include Federal Ministry of Health, Lagos State Ministry of Health, NCDC, TV Stations, Radio Stations, Legit9ja and verified online platforms.