France Football has named Argentine forward, Lionel Messi as the world’s richest player. It revealed that Messi was the highest-paid footballer last year, raking in £11 million more than long-time rival Cristiano Ronaldo.
France football stated that Lionel Messi made a whopping £120 million from wages, bonuses, endorsements, commercial and more.
While Portuguese captain, Cristiano Ronaldo made £109 million, with both players the only two on the top ten to collect more than £100 million.
See the top ten list of the world’s richest players in 2019 by France Football below;
- Lionel Messi – £120 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo – £109 million
- Neymar – £87 million
- Gareth Bale – £35.45 million
- Antoine Griezmann – £35.2 million
- Eden Hazard – £32 million
- Andres Iniesta – £31.14 million
- Raheem Sterling – £30.96 million
- Robert Lewandowski – £26.56 million
- Kylian Mbappe – £24.73 million