Oyo State discharged two Coronavirus patients after they have been tested Negative.
It was announced on Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde twitter page that,
“OYO STATE COVID-19 TASK FORCE UPDATE (MAY 06, 2020)
- Two confirmed COVID-19 patients were discharged from the Infectious Disease Centre (IDC), Olodo after receiving their second negative test results. This brings the number of discharged cases in Oyo State to thirteen.
- We also have a further update on the two absconded cases reported earlier today. They absconded before being admitted to any of our isolation centres. After intensive contact tracing, one of them has been found and admitted to the IDC, Olodo. Of the 33 active cases being managed by the state, two have absconded, possibly to their permanent places of residence. This brings the number of active cases in Oyo State to 31.
- Ten cases are self-isolating while twenty-one cases are being managed in the isolation centres in Oyo State; one at the University College Hospital, Ibadan & twenty in Olodo. Nineteen of these twenty cases at Olodo are asymptomatic.
- A total of 975 samples have so far, been collected and are being processed.
- Please call the Emergency Operations Centre on 08095394000 | 08095863000 | 08078288999 | 08078288800, if you find travellers from other states arriving in your neighbourhood”.