SAD: Two BEDC staff electrocuted in Delta

Rate this post

Two staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) have been electrocuted in Asaba, the Delta State capital.

It was gathered that the yet-to-be identified victims were working when power was suddenly restored, leading to their electrocution.

The Director-General, Young Nigerians Organisation, Victor Ojie, who confirmed the incident to PUNCH on December 22, accused the electricity company of not providing safety gadgets for its worker.

“Over time, this ugly trend has been happening in Delta State; employees of the BEDC have been dying on the job. I wonder why the company cannot provide safety gadgets for its workers,” he said.

“When the workers want to go to the field, they usually switch off power lines that link to the area of work. After finishing the work, they will radio the office to switch the power on. Some of them sabotage themselves by switching it on while work is still ongoing, but if they have a safety guard, they will not be electrocuted. The families of the victims are in pain now; so, we urge the BEDC to compensate the families.” he added.

About Micheal Colours

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

DMCA.com Protection Status
bocoran admin jarwo
slot deposit dana
bocoran admin jarwo
rtp live
bocoran slot jarwo
rtp slot jarwo
admin jarwo