The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has officially revealed the last contenders for the Men’s Player of the Year 2023 award.
This announcement, made on Friday, November 17, 2023, acknowledges players who have actively contributed to their respective teams, both at the club and national levels.
Initially, a list of over 30 African players was considered. However, as the award ceremony approaches, the final shortlist has been confirmed based on votes and individual achievements.
The 10 finalists are:
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria and Al Ahli)
- Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa (Cameroon and SSC Napoli)
- Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon and Besiktas)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt and Liverpool)
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco and Paris Saint-Germain)
- Sofyan Amrabat (Morocco and Manchester United)
- Yassine Bounou (Morocco and Al Hilal)
- Youssef En-Nesyri (Morocco and Sevilla)
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria and SSC Napoli)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal and Al Nassr)
The CAF Awards Gala 2023 is set to take place on December 11, 2023, in Marrakech, Morocco.